Countertop ProcessesExpert countertop fabrication and installation services in New Mexico.
Pride and Craftsmanship in Every Countertop Installation
At United Stoneworks we pride ourselves in our meticulous process with each and every client and project. Since 2008, our team has perfected the measurement and templating of countertops to ensure the proper fit and function of your new countertops. From the moment you meet with us to select your material to the project completion, you can be assured that your project will be completed in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
Phase 1 – Design Consultation
This is where you meet with our team for an exciting brainstorming session to determine what is needed to make your dream a reality. We will discuss:
- Function and utilization of space
- Any changes or enhancements of space
- Edges, Ledges & Overhang
- Plumbing & Electrical
- Sinks & Faucets
- Material options such as granite, quartz, marble etc.
- Color coordination and combinations
United Stoneworks is your one stop shop to bring an affordable and unique design together. It doesn’t have to be expensive to look expensive.
Phase 2 – Field Evaluation and Measure
- We visit your residence to measure for exact dimensions in order to guarantee our price quote
- Determine overhang, radius, edges and structural support (if needed)
- Discuss countertop materials, colors and budget
- Decide if you need any of our additional services in your quote. We are licensed contractors and have employees on our staff that perform the following work:
- Tear out of existing countertops
- Plumbing (sink, disposal, faucet)
- Structural welding for support
- Backsplash installation
- Diamond Seal (Lifetime Granite Sealer)
- Electrical (cooktop, oven, instant hot water)
- Schedule slab viewing
- Receive exact quote within twenty four hours
Phase 3 – Material Choice and Color Selection
This is where the fun part where you get to create the countertops of your dreams within your budget.
- Choose countertop materials & select colors
- Choose thickness & select edges
- Select sealers (granite only)
- Sink and faucets types and placement
- Backsplash options and design
- Schedule date of template
Phase 4 – Field Template & Pre-installation checklist
- Cabinets (new or existing) must be installed and level. Existing counter tops must be removed.
- New sinks and faucets are to be on site at time of template.
- Our template is created by hand for the most accurate fit to your cabinets and walls, etc.
- You will verify radiuses, overhangs, and reveals.
- United Stoneworks follows Marble Institute of America guidelines for seam placement, however, other options may be available depending on layout.
- Slab viewing is available upon request at our fabrication facility. Certain stones have movement or unusual characteristics that the client may want “showcased” on an island or placed in a certain area, and we try to accommodate client requests while utilizing the stone as efficiently as possible.
- After your template is complete, our project scheduler will contact you to arrange the installation date.
Phase 5 – Installation Process
- Make sure your faucet, dispensers, cooktops, drop-in sinks, etc. are on site at time of installation.
- Once the tops are fitted into position they are shimmed (when necessary*) and glued in place with a silicone glue.
- Seams are bonded together permanently with a special two part polyester material. The bonding material has color mixed to match your stone to create an almost invisible seam. Seams shall have a tolerance of no more than 1/16″.
- Counter tops are cleaned.
*If cabinets are not level shims are used to even out the surface prior to installing the stone. If cabinets have settled unevenly over time, or are not installed level, the shims may be visible and it may be necessary for client to add trim pieces to cover the area between the cabinets and the counter top. (Some cutting on site may be required. We practice clean site protocol, however there may be dust residue.)
Phase 6 – Post Installation
- It is recommended that you wait 24 hours to use the new counters. This allows any bonding agents to set properly.
- Plumbing is completed and hooked up after 24-hours.
- Diamond Sealer can be applied and is highly recommended with natural stone like granite. (Diamond Seal has a lifetime stain warranty.)
- Tile backsplash can be installed, when applicable.
- Enjoy the beauty of the countertops of your dreams and please write us a review.